Super Mario Bros With SFML in C#
This project was really intended to develop a game engine for 2d plaformers. In doing so, it took shape of Super Mario Bros.
This is my attempt at remaking the famous SMB game for the Nintendo 8-bit. Consider it a demo right now, as it is VERY incomplete. But the engine is developing. Hopefully it may help someone else develop a 2d platform game. It utilizes SFML.
Id love to see this a complete game, so if you are interested in working on it, please feel free to jump in.
Note: I am not a professional game developer! Just a hobby project.
Cursor keys to move, space bar jumps. Requires .NET 4.5 framework
- Player lives counter
- Game over screen
- Minor fixes
- Coinbox animations
- Improved collision detection
- Flag pole animation
- Code cleanup & bug fixes
- Animation effects for static entities
- Additional sound effects
- Latest versions of SFML for more accurate clock control
- Still some collision detection issues
- Start screen added
- Others have brought to my attention the lag / slowdon depending on the machine. Working on correcting the game time issue which will resolve. Thanks!
- Mario can now stomp enemies
- KoopaTroopas added